Listed below are some statistics that demonstrate how vitally important local search still is for SEO firm India:
1. According to Google’s statistics, 76 percent of people who conduct a local search on their smartphone visit a business within the next 24 hours, and 28 percent of those searches result in a purchase being made.
2. According to Google’s data, thirty percent of all of the searches that its system processes are related to locations.
3. A recent survey on local search found that 61 percent of consumers said they conducted daily searches for local businesses.
4. According to the findings of a recent survey on local SEO, the majority of consumers (82 percent) spend close to 14 minutes reading online reviews of local businesses before making a purchase decision.
5. When looking for the location of a business, 86 percent of people turn to Google Maps for assistance.
6. Yelp is included in the top five search results for small and medium-sized business queries 92% of the time.
Globally, 74 percent of in-store shoppers who performed their search before physically arriving at the store stated that they searched for things like the [closest store near them], [locations], [in stock near them], and other types of hyper local information.
More than fifty percent of people who use the internet do their search for local information on a mobile device.
Google Search is used by 83 percent of people who are searching for information about nearby businesses. Google Maps is used by 55 percent of people, Apple Maps is used by 44 percent of people, Yahoo is used by 39 percent of people, and Bing is used by 31 percent of people.
Google’s Methods for Determining Local Ranking
Google’s organic search ranking algorithms are kept a closely guarded secret, but the search engine is much more transparent about the requirements needed to rank in its local results.
According to Google, there are three primary groups of local ranking factors, and they are as follows:
Both the Distance and the Prominence
1. Google’s “How to Improve Your Local Ranking,” “How to Improve Your Local Ranking,” and “How to Improve Your Local Ranking” Screenshot taken by the author from Google in January 2022
2. “The degree to which a local Business Profile corresponds to the information that a user is looking for is referred to as its relevance.
3. “Add complete and detailed business information to help Google better understand your business and match your profile to relevant searches,” Google states in its help resource on how to improve your local ranking “. Adding complete and detailed business information helps Google better understand your business.”
4. “How far each potential search result is from the location term used in a search,” is how Google defines distance. In the event that a user does not provide a location when conducting a search, we will calculate the distance based on the information that we do have regarding their location.
And prominence, as it relates to this discussion, refers to how well-known Google believes that particular company to be. Due to the fact that search algorithms attempt to take into account offline prominence as part of the equation, this category of local ranking factors is likely the most complicated of the bunch.
According to the findings of the survey titled ‘2021 Local Search Ranking Factors’, following are the factors that local SEO professionals believe to be the most important for ranking in the Local Pack:
The primary classification for GBP
1. The listing’s title should include relevant keywords.
2. Location of the searcher in relation to the address of the business being looked up.
3. Address in the city that is being searched in physically.
4. Additional categories for the GMB.
5. High ratings in terms of the numerical stars.
6. Availability of all GBP information.
7. The quality and authority of the links that are coming into the associated domain.
8. Search terms used in the original Google reviews.
9. Enhancing Your Website’s Presence in Local Searches
As can be seen, local search is an essential channel for businesses of all shapes and sizes that serve local customers. This includes franchises, retail chains, so-called “Mom and Pop” shops, financial services brands, service providers, enterprise brands, and small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs).
You’ll find everything you need to know to develop and implement a successful local SEO strategy in the book titled “Local SEO: The Definitive Guide to Improve Your Local Search Rankings,” which is available on Amazon.com.
The most important local ranking signals that you should be aware of and the reasons why they matter
How to develop a successful approach to local search engine optimization.
Advice and a method for conducting an analysis of the competition in the results of local search queries
Why it is so important to have accurate NAP information and a good user experience in local search engine optimization.
How and where to locate the most beneficial local opportunities for link building.
Why customer feedback in the form of reviews and ratings is important, as well as tips for making the most of this information.
How to fully maximize the potential of your GBP listing.
Everything you need to know about the various characteristics that make up your GBP listing in order to make it stand out and attract customers.
Tools for local search engine optimization and listing management that will save you time and help you perform better.